Friday 11 May 2012

oven cooked breaded chicken

Schnitzel, southern fried chicken, fish fingers. All breaded food. I thought I'd have a go at a kind-of fried chicken thing. I marinaded chicken pieces, all leg pieces, in milk, lemon juice, paprika, pepper and salt, having boned all but one of the pieces: I got bored. Only the unboned drum stick had skin on it.

So what did I do? I grated two pieces of wholemeal bread and stirred in some garlic pounded with herbs, pepper and salt, and a little bit of mixed spice, mixed herbs, paprika and turmeric.
I beat two eggs.
I prepared some flour with turmeric and paprika as well.
I put the flour mixture, eggs and breadcrumbs in three shallow bowls in a row.
Shaking off the marinade, I rolled each piece of chicken in the flour, then rolled it in the beaten egg, followed by rolling it in breadcrumbs, then laid each piece on some baking parchment. Once all the pieces were double dipped I put them in a hot oven for ten minutes, took them out and turned them over, and put them back into the oven, lowering the heat to a medium heat for another ten minutes.

Result? Pretty good. Nothing left. No comments from picky eater Kitty, although she noticed the yellow from the turmeric. I'll try it again and write it up properly with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment