Sunday 24 April 2011

Jzz Bzz Kofte


These lamb meatballs are very tasty, economic, and easy to make. My dad called them jzz bzz, because that is the sound they make as they cook. I can’t find the family recipe, so I made them from memory. They worked well - although the ingredients are simple the flavour is wonderful.

1 large lamb neck fillet, minced
Handful of chopped parsley
Salt
Pepper
1 piece of white bread
1 clove garlic
½ onion
3 tbsp milk

Tear up the bread, discarding the crust and soak it in the milk
Chop the peeled onion, parsley and garlic finely.
Combine all the ingredients together well (taking the soaked bread and discarding any milk not absorbed).

Make into oval meatballs.

Grill or griddle turning twice, for about 6 minutes.

Eat with a lovely green salad and rice.

Making the meatballs
I wet my hands, take a good pinch of the mixture and put it into the crook of my palm and press gently.
The meatballs need to dry a little in the open air, to help them keep their shape when cooking – leave on a dish or board for about 20m – keep greedy cats away.

No comments:

Post a Comment