Sunday 13 February 2011

reviving simple soup

I like soup and when I'm a bit limp, especially when cold stricken, I like it to have a lot of ginger in it. I chuck things together with gay abandon and it usually turns out pretty well. Since I'm bedridden, with lungs giving a pale imitation of the usually gusty bellows (more like a flooded and elderly church organ), I forced the kindly husband to magic some up for me. Straightforward info: chop one of each veg, cook with water and add the vital sauce. Steve has proved the value of gunpowder sauce, creating a delightful, warming and simple soup. This week's gunpowder included a black pepper kick, with a ginger bite backing it up, it was just the soup to revive a wheezing, sick woman.

Veg soup with gunpowder sauce


Ingredients

1 potato
1 carrot
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 slice ginger
3 tbsp gunpowder sauce

Method

Peel and slice all veg, and put into pan with two mugfuls of water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all the veg is cooked.
Add the gunpowder sauce and cook for 1 minute

Eat

I like a garnish of a finely chopped spring onion and a couple of pinches of gomasio.

No comments:

Post a Comment