I like a little salsa with almost everything. Especially in the winter. It's definitely part of my curry repertoire, it goes with grilled meat, omlette or baked potato. This is a simple one made with cucumber. Extra crunch comes from inclusion of the finely chopped coriander stem, something that is all too often just thrown away. I don't include garlic, because I usually eat it with something that has lots of garlic already in it. If you are eating it with something more plain, just add 1 clove of finely chopped garlic.
So this is a fresh and crunchy cucumber salsa.
2 tbsp lime juice
½ tsp ground cumin
½ bunch fresh coriander
A pinch of each: chilli, pepper, salt
1 tsp sugar
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice and chop the cucumber into small bits.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop the coriander, including the stems.
- Mix everything together in a bowl and let sit for 10 mins.
- substitute lemon for lime
- use sweet chilli sauce instead of chilli and sugar
- add some fresh mint
- use tomato as well, or instead of cucumber