Monday 25 October 2010

late lunch with friends

I dragged my pals around Hampstead Heath with the dogs before bringing them home and feeding them as much as possible. I abandoned having Sunday lunches a while ago, as it knocks out the whole day, and I don't like walking with a full stomach, it's distracting. I also like to ease into a few glasses of wine while I eat, and in the middle of the day that now just leads to one place: bed. So, I imposed my eating schedule on everyone and spent the morning having a lovely time cooking. I could have done some of it yesterday, but I didn't.

Menu
spicy houmous with coriander
tomato salad with family dressing
flattened chicken, cooked on the bbq
gratin dauphinois
simple fruit tart with creme fraiche

the kids charred marshmallows in the dying embers

I didn't take any photos, as we all just got stuck in and appreciated the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment